Devils re-sign free agent center Henrique
The New Jersey Devils re-signed center Adam Henrique to a multi-year contract, the team announced Monday.
The deal is worth $24 million over six years, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com's Katie Strang.
Henrique, 23, had 11 goals and five assists in 42 games for the Devils last season.
The native of Brantford, Ontario, is best known for scoring in overtime in Game 6 of the 2012 Eastern Conference finals against the New York Rangers, a goal that sent New Jersey to the Stanley Cup finals.
Given the loss of Ilya Kovalchuk to the Kontinental Hockey League, the Devils could use a bounce-back season from Henrique, who notched 16 goals and 35 assists as a rookie in 2011-12.
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer 46 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos