Panthers reacquire Barch in trade with Devils
The Florida Panthers reacquired right wing Krys Barch in a trade with the New Jersey Devils, and signed center Brad Boyes and defenseman Tom Gilbert to one-year contracts.
Barch came back to the Panthers, along with a seventh-round pick in the 2015 draft, for center Scott Timmins on Saturday. The Devils also got Florida's sixth-round pick in next year's draft.
Barch has played in 326 NHL games with Dallas, Florida and New Jersey.
Boyes' deal was worth $1 millon; Gilbert's was for $900,000, sources told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.
Boyes and Gilbert had been with the Panthers on tryout deals. Boyes had 35 points last season for the New York Islanders, and Gilbert is a veteran of 447 NHL games with Minnesota and Edmonton.
The Panthers open the regular season in Dallas on Thursday.
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires 24 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- SF Mayor pledges to fix public housing elevators 48 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed 10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos