Canucks sign Hansen to four-year extension
Forward Jannik Hansen and the Vancouver Canucks have agreed to a four-year contract extension.
The contract is worth $10 million total, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.
The 27-year-old from Denmark had 10 goals and 17 assists in 47 games for Vancouver last season.
Hansen has 50 goals and 81 assists in 318 career games, all of them with the Canucks. He was selected by Vancouver in the seventh round of the 2004 draft.
He has also appeared in 58 career playoff games, with five goals and nine assists.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday