Kings release goalie Garon, loan Toffoli to AHL
The Los Angeles Kings released goalie Mathieu Garon and loaned right wing Tyler Toffoli to their AHL affiliate in Manchester on Sunday.
Garon joined the Kings for a training camp tryout, but failed to beat out Ben Scrivens for the backup job behind Jonathan Quick. Garon played for Los Angeles from 2005-07 during an 11-year NHL career with six teams.
The 21-year-old Toffoli played in 10 regular-season games last season, scoring five points in his first career NHL action. He also appeared in 12 playoff contests, scoring six points while the Kings reached the Western Conference finals.
Pearson appeared in one playoff game for the Kings last season, making his NHL debut. Vey also is among Los Angeles' top prospects, but has yet to play in an NHL game.
The moves leave the Kings with 13 forwards on their roster. Los Angeles opens the regular season Thursday at Minnesota.
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 56 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley 44 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Campaign looks to end use of 'bossy' with...
34 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos