Wild call up Gustafsson to back up Backstrom
The Minnesota Wild have recalled goalie Johan Gustafsson from the AHL, after a lower-body injury that forced Josh Harding out of the last game after two periods.
Gustafsson was 2-0 with a 1.99 goals-against average in three games this season for the Iowa Wild. The sixth-round pick in the 2010 draft played in his native Sweden last season and has not appeared in an NHL game. He'll be the backup to Niklas Backstrom when the Wild play at Chicago Saturday.
Coach Mike Yeo said after practice Friday that Harding was feeling better but won't travel to the game.
Backstrom's relief appearance for Harding Thursday in the win over Carolina was his first action since he suffered a lower-body injury Oct. 8.
- Report: 1 dead in boat accident near Redwood City 58 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 40 min ago
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Video shows burglar prowling in baby's room
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos