"The Ghost" returns to the ring after wife's illness
GILROY, CA (KGO) -- Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero returns to the ring in 10 days in Las Vegas, resuming his boxing career after a brief layoff.
Guerrero stepped away from the ring in February while his wife battled leukemia.
Now, The Ghost from Gilroy returns against Roberto Arreita in Las Vegas on April 30. Guerrero says he is ready and excited.
"I'm excited to get back in the ring, doing what I love to do. My first love's getting better and now my second love comes, so you know, I can't wait. I'm excited about this fight. I've haven't fought going on eight months so it's time. I can't wait," said Guerrero.
sports, larry beil
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 32 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85 45 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 36 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
32 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
36 min ago