"The Ghost" returns to the ring after wife's illness
GILROY, CA (KGO) -- Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero returns to the ring in 10 days in Las Vegas, resuming his boxing career after a brief layoff.
Guerrero stepped away from the ring in February while his wife battled leukemia.
Now, The Ghost from Gilroy returns against Roberto Arreita in Las Vegas on April 30. Guerrero says he is ready and excited.
"I'm excited to get back in the ring, doing what I love to do. My first love's getting better and now my second love comes, so you know, I can't wait. I'm excited about this fight. I've haven't fought going on eight months so it's time. I can't wait," said Guerrero.
sports, larry beil
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice 35 min ago
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael 39 min ago
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Facebook to join S&P 500 45 min ago
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco
- Supermodel Gisele's breastfeeding pic stirs debate
- Judges extend Calif. deadline for inmate reduction 37 min ago
- MLB intends to ban plate collisions
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago 45 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 34 min ago
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San...
39 min ago