Andre Ward will fight to keep super middleweight title
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- Andre Ward won the super middleweight title in November, now his job is to keep the championship belt. Ward defends the crown in 10 days against Allan Green.
The 2004 Olympic gold medalist worked out on Wednesday at King's Gym in Oakland.
Ward and Green are fighting as part of the Super Six World Boxing Classic -- a series of elimination bouts at 168 pounds.
Ward says he needs to build on his 11th round win over Mikkel Kessler to stay undefeated.
"It was a great performance. I felt like we did really well, we won the title. That was always a long-term goal, but the goal is to out-do that performance. To say that is to say that I haven't rested yet. I'm still going to work and I'm still putting in the man hours," says Ward.
sports, larry beil
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 52 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water 5 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions 47 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Rescued paralyzed dog comforts siblings with autism
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 48 min ago
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
10 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car...
47 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning...
52 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos