Andre Ward will fight to keep super middleweight title
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- Andre Ward won the super middleweight title in November, now his job is to keep the championship belt. Ward defends the crown in 10 days against Allan Green.
The 2004 Olympic gold medalist worked out on Wednesday at King's Gym in Oakland.
Ward and Green are fighting as part of the Super Six World Boxing Classic -- a series of elimination bouts at 168 pounds.
Ward says he needs to build on his 11th round win over Mikkel Kessler to stay undefeated.
"It was a great performance. I felt like we did really well, we won the title. That was always a long-term goal, but the goal is to out-do that performance. To say that is to say that I haven't rested yet. I'm still going to work and I'm still putting in the man hours," says Ward.
sports, larry beil
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk 46 min ago
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die 7 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday