England vs. Mexico soccer match coming to AT&T Park
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco Giants won't be the only world champions playing at AT&T Park this summer. Get ready for international soccer.
England's Manchester City team is set to take on Mexico's Club America team on July 16th as part of the 2011 Herbalife World Football Challenge.
The Manchester City team recently won the FA Cup. Officials say putting the match in AT&T Park will bring Bay Area soccer fans closer to the action.
"AT&T Park seemed like the perfect opportunity. It seemed like a lot more intimate setting, with only 41,000 and they're going to bring grass in for the infield," said Marcus Hahnemann from the US National Soccer Team.
The San Francisco game is one of 11 matches being held nationwide this summer between various international teams.
at&t park, sports
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future 13 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station 41 min ago
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting
- Crews control one-alarm house fire in Antioch
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos