Guerrero believes he will be first to beat Mayweather
GILROY, Calif. (KGO) -- Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero may be a 10 to 1 underdog, but he believes he will be the first man ever to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. when they meet on May 4th.
Mayweather is 46-0-0 which is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. But he is 36 now, spent a couple of months in jail and is coming off a long layoff.
Mayweather says he is taking Guerrero seriously.
"I had a chance to see Robert for the first time face Andre Berto. He's a good young fighter, he's good young fighter and I believe we'll give the fans what they want to see," said Mayweather.
las vegas, gilroy, sports
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 45 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway 49 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown