Guerrero believes he will be first to beat Mayweather
GILROY, Calif. (KGO) -- Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero may be a 10 to 1 underdog, but he believes he will be the first man ever to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. when they meet on May 4th.
Mayweather is 46-0-0 which is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. But he is 36 now, spent a couple of months in jail and is coming off a long layoff.
Mayweather says he is taking Guerrero seriously.
"I had a chance to see Robert for the first time face Andre Berto. He's a good young fighter, he's good young fighter and I believe we'll give the fans what they want to see," said Mayweather.
las vegas, gilroy, sports
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos