Guerrero believes he will be first to beat Mayweather
GILROY, Calif. (KGO) -- Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero may be a 10 to 1 underdog, but he believes he will be the first man ever to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. when they meet on May 4th.
Mayweather is 46-0-0 which is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. But he is 36 now, spent a couple of months in jail and is coming off a long layoff.
Mayweather says he is taking Guerrero seriously.
"I had a chance to see Robert for the first time face Andre Berto. He's a good young fighter, he's good young fighter and I believe we'll give the fans what they want to see," said Mayweather.
las vegas, gilroy, sports
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos