Gilroy boxer Guerrero arrested for gun possession
NEW YORK (KGO) -- Boxer Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero, 30, of Gilroy, California has been charged with criminal possession of a weapon.
Guerreo had an unloaded .40 caliber semi-automatic handgun in his possession at John F. Kennedy International Airport Thursday and was arrested after he attempted to declare the weapon at the Delta Airlines counter.
Guerreo was scheduled to board Delta Flight 1429 to Las Vegas, departing the airport at 8:10 a.m.
He was in New York City to promote his May 4 fight with Floyd Mayweather at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
(ABC News Radio contributed to this report.)
crime, guns, new york, gilroy, sports
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Sunnyvale's 'Blue Cube' gets torn down 31 min ago
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires 57 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed 43 min ago