Danica Patrick makes appearance in Vallejo
SONOMA, CA (KGO) -- The Indy cars are racing this weekend at Infineon Raceway and star driver Danica Patrick was at a meet and greet event with fans today, in Vallejo.
But not just any meet and greet, her sponsor -- Boost Mobile -- is donating $50 to the Vallejo Charter School, for every fan who buys a Motorola phone at this Vallejo Best Buy. There's a guaranteed minimum donation of $5,000.
"What a great company to involve a charity element to the appearance I do for them it's my favorite part really," says Patrick.
Qualifying laps for the Indy car race in which Danica is participating are tomorrow afternoon at Infineon in Sonoma. The race is Sunday afternoon.
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall 6 min ago
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for work 13 min ago
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge 3 min ago
- Scrabble asks fans to choose new word for dictionary
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed 32 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos