Race truck driver killed in Marysville Speedway crash
MARYSVILLE, CA (KGO) -- A semi-truck racer was killed during a race at the Marysville Speedway in Yuba County Saturday night.
Witnesses say the truck got tangled with another big rig and flipped over. No spectators were hurt in the accident.
Track officials say it was the first fatality in the 68-year history of the Marysville Speedway, but it was also the first time they had ever raced big rigs.
The driver who died did not have a roll cage built into his cab.
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 20 min ago
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash 50 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday