Santa Rosa teen killed at raceway remembered as track reopens
MARYSVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- The 14-year-old Santa Rosa boy killed at Marysville Raceway Park a week ago is being remembered as the track reopens Sunday night.
Marcus Johnson was killed along with a 68-year-old Grass Valley man when a car driven by the boy's 17-year-old cousin flew off the track during warm-ups.
The accident is being blamed on mechanical failure. Track officials say the raceway is safe for spectators.
crash, driving, competition, children, santa rosa, racing
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 48 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday