Stewart wins Hamlin's charity race in Richmond
Tony Stewart passed Virginia short-track racer Greg Edwards before the midway point of the race and ran away with the Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown on Thursday night at Richmond International Raceway.RICHMOND, Va. -- Tony Stewart passed Virginia short-track racer Greg Edwards before the midway point of the race and ran away with the Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown on Thursday night at Richmond International Raceway.
Stewart took off on a restart with 11 laps to go in the 75-lap event while Jeff Burton, running second, failed to keep pace and wound up getting shuffled back. Joey Logano took advantage, moving quickly from fifth to second, but his stay up front was short-lived as Edwards, Brandon Butler and Burton all passed him before the checkered flag flew.
Hamlin, who won last year, started 19th and got caught up in a crash on the opening lap. He went to pit road for repairs and came back out briefly, but eventually parked after running just 29 laps.
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Video: America's Cup teams practice on San...
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Hundreds of officers attend little girl's graduation
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos