Indy Motor Speedway pays tribute to Leffler
Indianapolis Motor Speedway is honoring the late Jason Leffler with a tribute atop the iconic Pagoda scoring board.
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Motor Speedway is honoring the late Jason Leffler with a tribute atop the iconic Pagoda scoring board.
Leffler died last Wednesday in an accident at a dirt track in New Jersey. His funeral was Wednesday in North Carolina.
IMS officials illuminated the scoreboard with the number "50," which was the number on his car when he ran the 2000 Indianapolis 500. The scoreboard was also illuminated with "1975" and "2013" for the years Leffler was born and died.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway chief operating officer Doug Boles said lighting the Pagoda was the speedway's attempt to remember Leffler and honor his accomplishments as a race car driver.
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos