Larson's Sprint Cup debut to be at Charlotte
Kyle Larson will make his Sprint Cup Series debut next week at Charlotte Motor Speedway driving for Phoenix Racing.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Kyle Larson will make his Sprint Cup Series debut next week at Charlotte Motor Speedway driving for Phoenix Racing.
Larson will drive Oct. 12 and he is also scheduled to drive the No. 51 Chevrolet at Martinsville Speedway on Oct. 27.
The two races are a warm-up for Larson as he prepares to move full-time to the Sprint Cup Series next season for Chip Ganassi Racing. He'll drive the No. 42 Chevrolet next season as Juan Pablo Montoya's replacement.
"We are happy to have an opportunity to get Kyle in a couple of Cup races this year," Ganassi said in a statement. "Those races along with an aggressive testing schedule will be invaluable in his preparation for the 2014 season."
Larson is in his first full NASCAR season this year and ranks ninth in the Nationwide Series. He's got 15 top-10 finishes and is coming off a second-place finish last weekend to Joey Logano at Dover.
"I am very excited to get behind the wheel of a Cup car in Charlotte this month," Larson said. "I have a lot of work to do to prepare for the 2014 season and I cannot wait to get started."
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters 52 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos