Danica, Stenhouse star in country video
NASCAR power couple Danica Patrick and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. tested out their acting chops in a country music video for Colt Ford's new single "Drivin' Around Song."
In the video, Patrick and Ford are waiting for Stenhouse, playing an auto repair man, to fix their broken-down vehicle. Patrick flirts with Stenhouse and then steals a set of keys to an all-terrain vehicle parked outside, and then takes Ford on a spin through Mooresville, N.C.
Patrick said she was not acting when she flirted with Stenhouse, whom she's been dating for a while. "When I look at him I smile," she said, "so that was not hard."
While Patrick is certainly accustomed to mainstream spotlight, the attention is more new to Stenhouse, a Sprint Cup rookie. That's what makes it odd: He's the one who has to deliver some lines in the video; Patrick never speaks.
"It's cool to see it out. It was a lot of fun to do. It was a beautiful day in Mooresville that day," Patrick said. "Those are the fun things that you get to do outside of the car. I enjoyed that, that was good fun and obviously I had a pretty hot mechanic working on the car."
Ford, whose real name is Jason Brown, released his first album in 2008. He also co-wrote and originally recorded the song "Dirt Road Anthem" that Brantley Gilbert turned into a hit. His style's a fusion of country and rap, and it seems to suit Patrick just fine.
"I grew up listening to rap," she said. "I like rap, especially the kind of rap you can understand.
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major BART delays due to Balboa Park station incident
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos