FC Gold Pride announces new home stadium
HAYWARD, CA (KGO) -- Women's Professional Soccer team FC Gold Pride is moving out of the South Bay.
The team announced Wednesday that Pioneer Stadium at California State University, East Bay will be their new home.
"This is a great opportunity for our team and organization to give ourselves a clear cut advantage both on and off the field." said Pride General Manager Ilisa Kessler. "Making our home in the 'Heart of the Bay' gives us many more ways to deliver a positive, memorable experience to more fans."
Before the Pride's first match in their new stadium, the field will be renovated to include a new turf surface.
While renovations are taking place, the Pride will play their early regular season games at Castro Valley High School.
fc gold pride, CSU, soccer
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday