FC Gold Pride announces new home stadium
HAYWARD, CA (KGO) -- Women's Professional Soccer team FC Gold Pride is moving out of the South Bay.
The team announced Wednesday that Pioneer Stadium at California State University, East Bay will be their new home.
"This is a great opportunity for our team and organization to give ourselves a clear cut advantage both on and off the field." said Pride General Manager Ilisa Kessler. "Making our home in the 'Heart of the Bay' gives us many more ways to deliver a positive, memorable experience to more fans."
Before the Pride's first match in their new stadium, the field will be renovated to include a new turf surface.
While renovations are taking place, the Pride will play their early regular season games at Castro Valley High School.
fc gold pride, CSU, soccer
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos