FC Gold Pride could disappear without new buyer
HAYWARD, CA (KGO) -- The FC Gold Pride won the women's professional soccer championship this season, but they may not be in existence past Monday. The team needs a new owner now.
The club has been looking for a new investor since July, but it's a tough sell.
The league launched at the worst possible time, two years ago, in the face of one of the worst economies in history and is losing about $2 million per season.
The championship team hasn't even had "Gold Pride" engraved on their trophy, unless somebody steps up this weekend. Who knows if it will happen at all.
soccer, larry beil
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 21 min ago
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
19 min ago