FC Gold Pride could disappear without new buyer
HAYWARD, CA (KGO) -- The FC Gold Pride won the women's professional soccer championship this season, but they may not be in existence past Monday. The team needs a new owner now.
The club has been looking for a new investor since July, but it's a tough sell.
The league launched at the worst possible time, two years ago, in the face of one of the worst economies in history and is losing about $2 million per season.
The championship team hasn't even had "Gold Pride" engraved on their trophy, unless somebody steps up this weekend. Who knows if it will happen at all.
soccer, larry beil
- SFPD SWAT in standoff with shooting suspect 49 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos