FC Gold Pride could disappear without new buyer
HAYWARD, CA (KGO) -- The FC Gold Pride won the women's professional soccer championship this season, but they may not be in existence past Monday. The team needs a new owner now.
The club has been looking for a new investor since July, but it's a tough sell.
The league launched at the worst possible time, two years ago, in the face of one of the worst economies in history and is losing about $2 million per season.
The championship team hasn't even had "Gold Pride" engraved on their trophy, unless somebody steps up this weekend. Who knows if it will happen at all.
soccer, larry beil
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing 29 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos