SF's Civic Center Plaza broadcasts World Cup
SAN FRANCISCO -- The Women's World Cup semi-finals will be broadcast on a giant screen in San Francisco's Civic Center Plaza today, with family-friendly activities, food, and games.
Encouraged by the popularity of last summer's display of the men's World Cup, the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department has been hosting a similar event for the women's tournament.
The event includes games and activities for both children and adults, including mini-soccer games and soccer skills sessions. Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid will be parked nearby.
Today's semi-final matches are USA vs. France at 9 a.m. and Sweden vs. Japan at 11:45 a.m.
The final match will be held on Sunday and will also be broadcast on the 13-by-17-foot screen in Civic Center Plaza.
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case