Trader Joe's stops buying eggs from Gemperle
TURLOCK, CA (KGO) -- New fallout from an ABC7 I-Team report on alleged chicken abuse at a central valley egg farm.
Trader Joe's announced on Thursday it will stop selling eggs from Gemperle Enterprises.
A video was shot by a member of the 'Mercy for Animals' organization infiltrated the farm. MFA says chickens there live in squalor, and are routinely brutalized.
Trader Joe's says it only carries eggs from vendors who meet established animal industry care practices.
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos