Trader Joe's stops buying eggs from Gemperle
TURLOCK, CA (KGO) -- New fallout from an ABC7 I-Team report on alleged chicken abuse at a central valley egg farm.
Trader Joe's announced on Thursday it will stop selling eggs from Gemperle Enterprises.
A video was shot by a member of the 'Mercy for Animals' organization infiltrated the farm. MFA says chickens there live in squalor, and are routinely brutalized.
Trader Joe's says it only carries eggs from vendors who meet established animal industry care practices.
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 27 min ago
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
25 min ago