Trader Joe's stops buying eggs from Gemperle
TURLOCK, CA (KGO) -- New fallout from an ABC7 I-Team report on alleged chicken abuse at a central valley egg farm.
Trader Joe's announced on Thursday it will stop selling eggs from Gemperle Enterprises.
A video was shot by a member of the 'Mercy for Animals' organization infiltrated the farm. MFA says chickens there live in squalor, and are routinely brutalized.
Trader Joe's says it only carries eggs from vendors who meet established animal industry care practices.
- 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California 22 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span 36 min ago
- Czech police: Palo Alto man suspected in 4 murders
- New details released in police officers' murders
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban 11 min ago
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday