Mormon churches role in Prop 8 investigated
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- California officials are now planning to investigate whether the Mormon Church completely disclosed their role in the 'Yes on Proposition 8' campaign to ban same sex marriage.
The California Fair Political Practices Commission says it will look into whether the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" failed to report the complete value of the work it did to support the Yes on 8 campaign.
A gay rights activist filed a complaint two weeks ago. A representative from the church refused to comment on the investigation.
Last week, the state supreme court agreed to hear lawsuits that claim Proposition 8 improperly revises the state constitution.
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive 24 min ago
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday