Mormon churches role in Prop 8 investigated
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- California officials are now planning to investigate whether the Mormon Church completely disclosed their role in the 'Yes on Proposition 8' campaign to ban same sex marriage.
The California Fair Political Practices Commission says it will look into whether the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" failed to report the complete value of the work it did to support the Yes on 8 campaign.
A gay rights activist filed a complaint two weeks ago. A representative from the church refused to comment on the investigation.
Last week, the state supreme court agreed to hear lawsuits that claim Proposition 8 improperly revises the state constitution.
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos