Mormon churches role in Prop 8 investigated
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- California officials are now planning to investigate whether the Mormon Church completely disclosed their role in the 'Yes on Proposition 8' campaign to ban same sex marriage.
The California Fair Political Practices Commission says it will look into whether the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" failed to report the complete value of the work it did to support the Yes on 8 campaign.
A gay rights activist filed a complaint two weeks ago. A representative from the church refused to comment on the investigation.
Last week, the state supreme court agreed to hear lawsuits that claim Proposition 8 improperly revises the state constitution.
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 53 min ago
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
33 min ago