CA officials want to keep close eye on sex offenders
California parole officials are ordering increased monitoring for all sex offenders. Paroled offenders will have to wear GPS-linked ankle bracelets.
And parole agents must also visit high-risk sex offenders at their homes once more each month.
Phillip Garrido's arrest for kidnapping Jaycee Dugard and holding her captive for 18 years was part of what prompted the policy change.
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos