Huckaby's attorney wants to delay evidence hearing
STOCKTON, CA (KGO) -- The attorney for Melissa Huckaby is back in court today in Stockton.
Huckaby is awaiting a death penalty trial on charges she kidnapped and murdered 8-year old Sandra Cantu. The Tracy girl was first reported missing a year ago this past Saturday. Her body was found in a suitcase near a canal in April.
Huckaby's attorney wants to delay an evidence suppression hearing scheduled for next month, because he has yet to receive the results of a probe into alleged misconduct by Tracy police.
He claims Tracy police said things they should not have to Huckabee that may have brought her constitutional right into question after she was arrested.
melissa huckaby, sandra cantu, california news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos