Huckaby's attorney wants to delay evidence hearing
STOCKTON, CA (KGO) -- The attorney for Melissa Huckaby is back in court today in Stockton.
Huckaby is awaiting a death penalty trial on charges she kidnapped and murdered 8-year old Sandra Cantu. The Tracy girl was first reported missing a year ago this past Saturday. Her body was found in a suitcase near a canal in April.
Huckaby's attorney wants to delay an evidence suppression hearing scheduled for next month, because he has yet to receive the results of a probe into alleged misconduct by Tracy police.
He claims Tracy police said things they should not have to Huckabee that may have brought her constitutional right into question after she was arrested.
melissa huckaby, sandra cantu, california news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos