Haiti boy in Sacramento for heart surgery
SACRAMENTO, CA (KGO) -- A little boy who survived the earthquake in Haiti is in Sacramento for vital surgery to fix a hole in his heart.
Regardless, from the smiles on his face you wouldn't know that 7-year-old Lovensky Alexandre had endured two ordeals.
His home was destroyed in the quake and his heart medicine lost.
Lovensky's desperate mother ended up at a Port au Prince clinic where Sacramento fire Cpt. Barbie Law was volunteering.
Law called her father, who's a doctor, and he arranged for the surgery to be performed without charge by Sutter heart specialists.
haiti, earthquake, california news
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Bay Area man arrested for killing relatives abroad
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Teen remembered 19 years after unsolved murder
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF
- Top 10 items found during 2012 coastal cleanup
- Get Free Stuff: Coffee; Shampoo
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Unsolved murder vigil; Oakland shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday