Haiti boy in Sacramento for heart surgery
SACRAMENTO, CA (KGO) -- A little boy who survived the earthquake in Haiti is in Sacramento for vital surgery to fix a hole in his heart.
Regardless, from the smiles on his face you wouldn't know that 7-year-old Lovensky Alexandre had endured two ordeals.
His home was destroyed in the quake and his heart medicine lost.
Lovensky's desperate mother ended up at a Port au Prince clinic where Sacramento fire Cpt. Barbie Law was volunteering.
Law called her father, who's a doctor, and he arranged for the surgery to be performed without charge by Sutter heart specialists.
haiti, earthquake, california news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced 41 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home 44 min ago
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 28 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
11 min ago
- Vernon's View: "When we play them it's...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos