Schwarzenegger kicks off 'Wildfire Awareness Week'
SACRAMENTO, CA (KGO) -- The peak wildfire season is rapidly approaching and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger was at the CAL FIRE Aviation Headquarters to sign an executive order kicking off 'Wildfire Awareness Week.'
CAL FIRE is urging homeowners in fire danger zones to set up defensible perimeters, by clearing away as much brush and debris as possible.
CAL FIRE is also asking fire zone residents to have an evacuation plan ready and waiting.
arnold schwarzenegger, fire, cal fire, california news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire