Group claims to know Palin CSU speaking fees
SACRAMENTO, CA (KGO) -- An anti-Sara Palin website now claims it has uncovered the amount a Cal State Stanislaus group is paying to have Palin speak at a fundraiser next month.
The Palingates blog claims the public university's alumni association will pay the former Alaska governor $75,000 in speaker fees and $18,000 in expenses.
The amount is reportedly more than double what Palin charged to speak at a local Republican Party event in Oregon.
State Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, says if that is true, Palin is gouging California students.
CSU Stanislaus insists the money is not coming out of the university's budget -- the alumni association is funded by private donations.
State Attorney General Jerry Brown has launched an investigation.
sacramento, sarah palin, CSU, california news
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe 12 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 40 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 44 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
8 min ago