Gov. signs low-income drivers insurance bill
SACRAMENTO, CA (KGO) -- If you are having a hard time affording car insurance, relief is on the way.
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a bill that provides low-cost auto insurance for low-income motorists. The affordable insurance program was set to expire but the bill extends it for five more years.
The program provides a bare-bones insurance policy for good drivers at less than half the price of the cheapest policies on the market.
Consumer advocates say the program has provided insurance for more than 50,000 motorists and most of them were previously uninsured.
arnold schwarzenegger, sacramento, insurance, california news
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 52 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco 42 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified 39 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office 23 min ago
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers 57 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh does push-ups with... 9 min ago
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing 29 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos