Gov. signs low-income drivers insurance bill
SACRAMENTO, CA (KGO) -- If you are having a hard time affording car insurance, relief is on the way.
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a bill that provides low-cost auto insurance for low-income motorists. The affordable insurance program was set to expire but the bill extends it for five more years.
The program provides a bare-bones insurance policy for good drivers at less than half the price of the cheapest policies on the market.
Consumer advocates say the program has provided insurance for more than 50,000 motorists and most of them were previously uninsured.
arnold schwarzenegger, sacramento, insurance, california news
- Freeze Warning expires; chilly temperatures remain 21 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop 32 min ago
- Bay Bridge lanes re-opened after multi-vehicle crash 16 min ago
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
32 min ago
- Benicia residents without power on frigid...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos