Schwarzenegger honors Fresno Good Samaritan
FRESNO, CA (KGO) -- A special ceremony was held in Fresno on Thursday for the Good Samaritan who saved an 8-year-old girl from a kidnapper on Monday.
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger presented Victor Perez with an official state certificate of recognition for what he did. Perez is an unemployed construction worker, and Schwarzenegger had nothing but praise for his heroic actions.
"Victor Perez risked his own life and saved another, that's the extraordinary thing. He had no idea if this person has a gun, or what or how this is going to end up," the governor said. "I played many action heroes in my movies, but this guy is a real action hero."
Perez had watched television news coverage of the girl's abduction on Monday evening. On Tuesday morning he saw the suspect's truck, jumped into his vehicle and chased down and confronted the driver.
The suspect, Gregorio Gonzalez, pushed the little girl onto the street and sped away, but was eventually arrested by police.
fresno, child abduction, crime, california news
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms 56 min ago
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions 51 min ago
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping 19 min ago
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co.
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Three arrested in connection with fatal E. SJ stabbing 45 min ago
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear...
51 min ago