'Bikini traveler' recounts her TSA adventure
While protests against heightened airport security measures fizzled this holiday weekend, one Bay Area native stood out.
Corrine Theile wore a simple black bikini under her coat and boots as she traveled back to Sonoma County for thanksgiving. The 31-year-old passed through the body scanner at Los Angeles International Airport without incident. Transportation security officers, obviously, felt there was no need for a pat down.
"One of the agents goes 'girl you're wearing a bikini come on through,' and I walked through the metal detector and did a little spin for her, she was having fun with it. Shortly thereafter they realized there was a camera that was filming," she said.
Now the news video of Theile has gone is on YouTube and even her friends from Sweden to Brazil have seen it. She says she had no idea her light hearted protest would become this big.
airport security, airline industry, sonoma county, california news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges 20 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network 15 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major-injury crash blocking lanes on NB I-880 12 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 5 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- San Jose police officer facing sexual...
20 min ago