Schwarzenegger celebrates Hanukkah with hora
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A holiday tradition continued Tuesday at the state capitol. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and a group of Hasidic rabbis danced the hora to celebrate Hanukkah.
The eight-day festival of lights begins with the lighting of the menorah at sundown Wednesday. It commemorates a small Jewish army's victory over the Assyrians and the reclamation of the holy temple in Jerusalem.
arnold schwarzenegger, holiday, hanukkah, california news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos