Army staff sergeant from Calif. killed in Afghanistan
MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A U.S. Army staff sergeant from Monterey County has been killed while serving in Afghanistan.
Vincent Ashlock, 45, of Seaside was killed Saturday in Kost province in what the military calls a non-combat related incident.
Ashlock was assigned to the 890th Engineer Battalion out of Lucedale, Mississippi.
Governor Schwarzenegger has ordered flags to be flown at half staff at the state capitol in honor of Ashlock.
army, afghanistan war, monterey county, california news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas 38 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View 22 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday