Army staff sergeant from Calif. killed in Afghanistan
MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A U.S. Army staff sergeant from Monterey County has been killed while serving in Afghanistan.
Vincent Ashlock, 45, of Seaside was killed Saturday in Kost province in what the military calls a non-combat related incident.
Ashlock was assigned to the 890th Engineer Battalion out of Lucedale, Mississippi.
Governor Schwarzenegger has ordered flags to be flown at half staff at the state capitol in honor of Ashlock.
army, afghanistan war, monterey county, california news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
49 min ago