Schwarzenegger takes smoking tent, leaves bear
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's departure from office will bring some changes to the state Capitol.
The governor says he will take his "smoking tent" with him. It sits on the governor's office patio and has served as a location for private meetings between Schwarzenegger, his aides and legislative leaders.
But Schwarzenegger says he is happy to loan his 800-pound bronze grizzly bear, which he bought with his own money, to Gov.-elect Jerry Brown. The bear is nick-named "bacteria bear" because so many children and visitors touch it.
arnold schwarzenegger, jerry brown, sacramento, california news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 40 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 15 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire