Proposal to fine bicyclists talking on cell phones
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Holding a cell phone while driving a car in California is illegal, but what about holding a cell phone while riding a bicycle?
A bill calling for such a ban in Sacramento has been introduced by State Senator Joe Simitian of Palo Alto.
He wrote the law that applies to drivers. The new bill would levy a $20 fine anyone using a cell phone while biking. Senator Semitian says he's optimistic that the bill willl pass without major opposition.
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 42 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
18 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos