Proposal to fine bicyclists talking on cell phones
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Holding a cell phone while driving a car in California is illegal, but what about holding a cell phone while riding a bicycle?
A bill calling for such a ban in Sacramento has been introduced by State Senator Joe Simitian of Palo Alto.
He wrote the law that applies to drivers. The new bill would levy a $20 fine anyone using a cell phone while biking. Senator Semitian says he's optimistic that the bill willl pass without major opposition.
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill 28 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case 28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos