Schwarzenegger to honor fitness guru LaLanne
LOS ANGELES -- Arnold Schwarzenegger will honor the late fitness pioneer Jack LaLanne at a Los Angeles service.
Schwarzenegger, TV fitness guru Richard Simmons and former "Hulk" TV star Lou Ferrigno will be among those taking part in a "Celebration of Life" for LaLanne on Tuesday at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills memorial park. Schwarzenegger spokesman Daniel Ketchell says the former California governor and bodybuilder will speak at the event.
LaLanne was 96 when he died Jan. 23 in Morro Bay.
LaLanne encouraged generations of TV viewers to exercise daily and promoted weight training for women at a time when that was considered revolutionary. He also founded a chain of fitness studios and touted the value of raw fruit and vegetables.
celebrity, celebrity deaths, arnold schwarzenegger, california news
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco 2 min ago
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Child injured in fall from second-story window in SF 7 min ago
- SF police ask for help in solving 2012 B2B homicide
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Shooting in Oakland kills 1, injures another
- Crews battle fire at inner Mission apartment building
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos