Schwarzenegger to honor fitness guru LaLanne
LOS ANGELES -- Arnold Schwarzenegger will honor the late fitness pioneer Jack LaLanne at a Los Angeles service.
Schwarzenegger, TV fitness guru Richard Simmons and former "Hulk" TV star Lou Ferrigno will be among those taking part in a "Celebration of Life" for LaLanne on Tuesday at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills memorial park. Schwarzenegger spokesman Daniel Ketchell says the former California governor and bodybuilder will speak at the event.
LaLanne was 96 when he died Jan. 23 in Morro Bay.
LaLanne encouraged generations of TV viewers to exercise daily and promoted weight training for women at a time when that was considered revolutionary. He also founded a chain of fitness studios and touted the value of raw fruit and vegetables.
celebrity, celebrity deaths, arnold schwarzenegger, california news
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 46 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right 38 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies 34 min ago
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos