Missing baby returned to mother in Fresno County
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- A missing 10-month-old baby boy who was abducted Saturday night in Fresno County is back safe at home with his mother.
Investigators said Elijah Rivas was taken by his father, 19-year-old Edgar Ramos during a supervised visit in Riverdale - about 25 miles south of Fresno.
Ramos reportedly turned himself into the Kern County sheriff's department Sunday night after dropping off his son at his parents' house in Wasco - about 30 miles from Bakersfield.
An AMBER Alert was issued Sunday afternoon.
fresno, crime, amber alert, missing person, california news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 22 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday