Anthem Blue Cross wants to raise rates
Anthem Blue Cross wants to raise health insurance rates for hundreds of thousands of Californians again.
Many policyholders who buy the coverage as individuals say the company has notified them to prepare for a rate increase effective May 1. Some customers could see rates rise as much as 40 percent in less than a year.
The health insurer tried but failed to get a similar increase last year. Recently, Blue Shield delayed plans to raise rates for some 200,000 policyholders by as much as 59 percent.
anthem blue cross, health insurance, california news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion 11 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- SF policeinvestigating shooting in the Outer Mission 16 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos