Anthem Blue Cross wants to raise rates
Anthem Blue Cross wants to raise health insurance rates for hundreds of thousands of Californians again.
Many policyholders who buy the coverage as individuals say the company has notified them to prepare for a rate increase effective May 1. Some customers could see rates rise as much as 40 percent in less than a year.
The health insurer tried but failed to get a similar increase last year. Recently, Blue Shield delayed plans to raise rates for some 200,000 policyholders by as much as 59 percent.
anthem blue cross, health insurance, california news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday