Explosive device dismanted at Pebble Beach golf course
MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. -- A Monterey County bomb squad was dispatched to Pebble Beach Golf Links Sunday morning where an apparent explosive device was found near the golf course, according to the sheriff's office.
At around 8:30 a.m., a beachcomber reported spotting a suspicious device that looked like two pipe bombs taped together at the base of a 40-foot cliff near the 9th hole at Pebble Beach, according to the sheriff's office.
The Monterey County sheriff's bomb squad went to the scene, examined the device, and rendered it safe.
The incident remains under investigation.
monterey county, california news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday