Two teenagers die while scuba diving
MONTEREY, Calif. -- Two teenage boys died while scuba diving in Monterey Bay late Saturday morning, according to the Monterey County Sheriff's Office.
The boys, who were age 16 and 17, were on a scuba expedition with seventeen other divers at about 11:30 a.m., deputies said.
The group couldn't locate the boys once everyone swam to the service, so multiple rescue teams were dispatched in search of the teenagers.
The two victims were found not long after the search began, and they were taken in an ambulance to a local hospital, where they were pronounced dead, deputies said.
An autopsy will be performed Monday.
No other injuries were reported.
monterey bay, california news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
2 min ago