UC Davis accused of falsifying info about lab animals
An animal rights group is accusing UC Davis of cooking the books. Stop Animal Exploitation (SAEN) accuses the university of falsifying records and even deleting information about the treatment of its research animals.
SAEN says a Department of Agriculture investigation found 15 incidents of traumatic injuries to a single primate, but public records do not indicate that.
UC Davis says all of its animals are treated well and are in excellent health and it is appealing the Department of Agriculture's assessment.
animal, uc davis, california news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up
- California bill attacks growing corporate wage gap
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
55 min ago