UC Davis accused of falsifying info about lab animals
An animal rights group is accusing UC Davis of cooking the books. Stop Animal Exploitation (SAEN) accuses the university of falsifying records and even deleting information about the treatment of its research animals.
SAEN says a Department of Agriculture investigation found 15 incidents of traumatic injuries to a single primate, but public records do not indicate that.
UC Davis says all of its animals are treated well and are in excellent health and it is appealing the Department of Agriculture's assessment.
animal, uc davis, california news
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580 15 min ago
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town 57 min ago
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO 52 min ago
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose 35 min ago
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- 49ers fear Michael Crabtree has torn Achilles 30 min ago
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong 44 min ago
- Events planned to mark Harvey Milk Day 25 min ago
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel 9 min ago
- Rankings released of best and worst airlines
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs 13 min ago
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
57 min ago