Mother of Schwarzenegger's love child identified
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGO) -- ABC News has learned the identity of the woman Arnold Schwarzenegger had a baby with out of wedlock. Mildred Patricia Baena, also known as Patty, reportedly worked in the household as a housekeeper and assistant for more than 20 years.
Neighbors say she, and her son fathered by Schwarzenegger, live in a Bakersfield home with her three other children. A neighbor said the family is always cordial - especially the boy.
"This young man is just at the top end of being polite and being very cordial. He is somebody you want to be around," said a neighbor.
According to public records, Baena purchased the home last June around the same time she says she retired as the Schwarzengger's family housekeeper and assistant.Real estate records at the county assessor's office make no mention of Schwarzenegger's name.
Schwarzenegger, who recently separated with his wife, Kennedy family heiress and former network journalist Maria Shriver, acknowledged Monday that he fathered a child with a former employee more than a decade ago.
Schwarzenegger has said Shriver didn't learn the child was his until he told her after leaving the governor's office in January.
The birth certificate for the Bakersfield woman's son shows he was born the same week as Schwarzenegger and Shriver's youngest son, Christopher Schwarzenegger.
Shriver, who has declined to discuss the matter since issuing a brief statement on Monday, made an appearance Monday at a taping of Oprah Winfrey's farewell show, telling the talk show host she has "given me love, support, wisdom and most of all the truth."
The Associated Press contributed to this story
arnold schwarzenegger, maria shriver, california news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap 40 min ago
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1 8 min ago
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 20 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 32 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos