Gang sweep nets 100 members
A large gang sweep has dismantled a branch of a notorious Northern California gang, resulting in more than 100 arrests.
State Attorney General Kamala Harris displayed a cache of weapons, drugs and money confiscated during the crackdown in Los Banos today.
"This operation was a success," Harris said, "and this operation will bare its fruit in terms of public safety for the central valley and throughout the state of California."
Investigators say the gang used falsified paperwork to smuggle drugs across the US border with Mexico.
Federal, state and local authorities served 54 warrants this week as part of the crackdown.
gang violence, central valley, california news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 50 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 25 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos