Royal newlyweds announce plans for LA trip
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- Britain's Prince William and Princess Catherine Middleton plan to combine red-carpet glamour with charity work during a trip to Los Angeles next month.
The couple, known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, will hold a black time dinner to introduce young British film talent to Hollywood decision makers.
They will also meet with inner city youth and military families and attend a charity polo match in Santa Barbara. William will play and Middleton will award the trophy.
The three day visit, from July 8-10, will be Middleton's first trip to the United States. It will follow a longer trip to Canada.
southern california, royals, celebrity, california news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos