Budget woes force DMV renewal notice delays
The Department of Motor Vehicles has announced it will delay mailing out vehicle registration renewal notices for July and August.
The reason is because officials are still waiting to see what happens with the state budget.
The governor and Legislature have been debating whether to leave vehicle license fees the same or reduce them starting July 1.
The DMV has contacted law enforcement agencies statewide to let them know they're giving drivers an extra 30-day grace period to renew their registration.
budget cuts, DMV, california news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- San Jose structure fire displaces 5 people
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine 15 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos