Controversial 'Got Milk?' billboards nixed in Calif.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- After a week of criticism, some controversial "Got Milk?" billboards are coming down.
The California Milk Processor's Board was trying to promote the idea that milk can lessen the effects of premenstrual syndrome. The ads featured men as the victims of temperamental women.
However, medical experts questioned the claims about milk reducing the symptoms associated with PMS and many women felt the ads were just offensive.
The billboards, including some in San Francisco, will be changed next week.
diets, california news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros 20 min ago
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday