Stranded whale still stick in Klamath River
KLAMATH, Calif. (KGO) -- The call of nature isn't helping to budge a gray whale stuck in the Klamath River.
Rescuers played killer whale sounds through speakers on a boat, hoping to get the whale to move. It just didn't work.
The whale and her calf wandered into the river near Eureka in late June. The calf went back to the ocean on Saturday, but the mother is still stuck.
animals in peril, whale, california news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District 44 min ago
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 17 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens 17 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 16 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at... 24 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
44 min ago
- Should you be concerned about living on the...
33 min ago
- 'Science cheerleaders' send experiment into...
38 min ago