Redesigned whale-tail license plate unveiled
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- One of California's most popular specialty license plates has been redesigned.
The "whale tail" specialty plate was first produced in 1997 but the California Coastal Commission decided to seek out a new design after a royalty battle with the original artist.
The new plate was unveiled Tuesday and is the collaboration of two artists and retains the popular "whale tail" theme.
sacramento, whale, california news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro 24 min ago
- San Jose man charged in two violent sexual assaults 28 min ago
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos