Human remains ID'd as missing woman from 1980s
MONTEREY, Calif. (KGO) -- Human remains that were located near a shopping center in Monterey have been identified as those belonging to a woman who disappeared in 1983.
The Monterey Police Department says the remains belong to Jennifer Lynn Morris, a woman who was reported missing on January 25, 1983. Morris' vehicle was located at the Del Monte Shopping Center shortly after her disappearance.
The remains were located between southbound Highway 1 and the Del Monte Shopping Center.
Morris' parents, who originally reported her missing, are now deceased. Morris is survived by two brothers.
The Monterey Police Department is asking anyone with information in connection with Morris' disappearance and death to contact their confidential tip line at 831-646-3840 or Detective Mike Bruno at 831-646-3812.
missing person, monterey, california news
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids 5 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death 8 min ago
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos