Human remains ID'd as missing woman from 1980s
MONTEREY, Calif. (KGO) -- Human remains that were located near a shopping center in Monterey have been identified as those belonging to a woman who disappeared in 1983.
The Monterey Police Department says the remains belong to Jennifer Lynn Morris, a woman who was reported missing on January 25, 1983. Morris' vehicle was located at the Del Monte Shopping Center shortly after her disappearance.
The remains were located between southbound Highway 1 and the Del Monte Shopping Center.
Morris' parents, who originally reported her missing, are now deceased. Morris is survived by two brothers.
The Monterey Police Department is asking anyone with information in connection with Morris' disappearance and death to contact their confidential tip line at 831-646-3840 or Detective Mike Bruno at 831-646-3812.
missing person, monterey, california news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos