Human remains ID'd as missing woman from 1980s
MONTEREY, Calif. (KGO) -- Human remains that were located near a shopping center in Monterey have been identified as those belonging to a woman who disappeared in 1983.
The Monterey Police Department says the remains belong to Jennifer Lynn Morris, a woman who was reported missing on January 25, 1983. Morris' vehicle was located at the Del Monte Shopping Center shortly after her disappearance.
The remains were located between southbound Highway 1 and the Del Monte Shopping Center.
Morris' parents, who originally reported her missing, are now deceased. Morris is survived by two brothers.
The Monterey Police Department is asking anyone with information in connection with Morris' disappearance and death to contact their confidential tip line at 831-646-3840 or Detective Mike Bruno at 831-646-3812.
missing person, monterey, california news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations 12 min ago
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits 43 min ago
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family 21 min ago
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- BART unions file lawsuit against transit agency
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- 'TipsforJesus' leaving giant tips at restaurants
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SJ police contract; Construction moritorium
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Crews call for reinforcements to find...
21 min ago