Human remains ID'd as missing woman from 1980s
MONTEREY, Calif. (KGO) -- Human remains that were located near a shopping center in Monterey have been identified as those belonging to a woman who disappeared in 1983.
The Monterey Police Department says the remains belong to Jennifer Lynn Morris, a woman who was reported missing on January 25, 1983. Morris' vehicle was located at the Del Monte Shopping Center shortly after her disappearance.
The remains were located between southbound Highway 1 and the Del Monte Shopping Center.
Morris' parents, who originally reported her missing, are now deceased. Morris is survived by two brothers.
The Monterey Police Department is asking anyone with information in connection with Morris' disappearance and death to contact their confidential tip line at 831-646-3840 or Detective Mike Bruno at 831-646-3812.
missing person, monterey, california news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 57 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
54 min ago