Surfers rescue wounded great white shark
VENICE BEACH, Calif. (KGO) -- Here is an unusual story from Southern California where surfers rescue a wounded great white shark.
The baby shark had hooked onto the line of a fisherman at Venice Beach.
A man in yellow shorts gently worked the hook out of the shark's mouth. He then dragged it back into the Pacific with three other men.
The man in the yellow shorts is known to beach locals as "the animal whisperer".
animals in peril, southern california, sharks, california news
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for today 50 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos