Pilot involved in Hawaii crash identified
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Police have identified the pilot who was rescued after he ditched his plane off the coast of Hawaii.
Charles Brian Mellor of Spain was headed from Monterey to Hilo in Hawaii when he realized he would not have enough fuel to complete the trip.
The U.S. Coast Guard captured dramatic video as Mellor landed the twin-engine Cessna plane over the water.
The 65-year-old pilot was not seriously injured.
A helicopter crew later pulled him to safety just minutes before his plane sank.
monterey, plane crash, coast guard, california news
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- One killed in boating accident in Redwood City 46 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1 56 min ago
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets 44 min ago
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014 7 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 11 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos