Pilot involved in Hawaii crash identified
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Police have identified the pilot who was rescued after he ditched his plane off the coast of Hawaii.
Charles Brian Mellor of Spain was headed from Monterey to Hilo in Hawaii when he realized he would not have enough fuel to complete the trip.
The U.S. Coast Guard captured dramatic video as Mellor landed the twin-engine Cessna plane over the water.
The 65-year-old pilot was not seriously injured.
A helicopter crew later pulled him to safety just minutes before his plane sank.
monterey, plane crash, coast guard, california news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 28 min ago
- Oakland family requests feeding tube for girl 2 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus 26 min ago
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise 46 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla 31 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic...
46 min ago
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby...
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos