Pilot involved in Hawaii crash identified
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Police have identified the pilot who was rescued after he ditched his plane off the coast of Hawaii.
Charles Brian Mellor of Spain was headed from Monterey to Hilo in Hawaii when he realized he would not have enough fuel to complete the trip.
The U.S. Coast Guard captured dramatic video as Mellor landed the twin-engine Cessna plane over the water.
The 65-year-old pilot was not seriously injured.
A helicopter crew later pulled him to safety just minutes before his plane sank.
monterey, plane crash, coast guard, california news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 3 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos